Volunteer as an Office Angel
Office Angels work at the Day Center and can provide the following
- Answering the phone
- Clerical work
- Data entry
- Organizing supplies
- Assisting families with job searches, resume building, completing
- paperwork etc.
- Supervision of families if Executive Director isn’t present
- Office Angel Volunteers must pass background check and require specialized training from Director
Volunteer as a Bus Driver
- Bus Drivers will be utilized throughout the week and possibly on the weekends
- Bus Drivers could be asked to provide transportation for families to doctor’s appointments, job interviews, to look at possible housing, attend classes/training, special events, etc.
- Bus Drivers must pass background check, have a valid GA license,
- and a clean motor vehicle record
- Bus Driver volunteers will drive a bus provided by Family Promise
Volunteer at a Host Congregation
- If your church is a participating host congregation, sign up with your volunteer coordinator to provide meals, help with set up or take down, stay overnight with guests, etc.
- If you church is not a host congregation, ask your church leaders if they would consider being a host or support congregation.
- Support congregations are matched up with a host church-they provide volunteers on the host week for the church they are matched with
- If your church decides not to become a host or support congregation, volunteer at a host church anyways! The director can get you in touch with a volunteer coordinator from a host church in need of volunteers.
Volunteer as a Foster Grandparent
- Foster Grandparents volunteer with children in our program at the Day Center
- Foster Grandparents can provide activities for children at the Day Center such as; arts and crafts, reading books, outdoor activities, games, movies, tutoring/homework help, etc.
- Foster Grandparents must pass background check and receive specialized training by Director
Volunteer for Special Events
Some of the events you may volunteer for are:
- Golf Tournament
- Bed Race
- Day Center Renovations!!!!- needed currently
- Community Outreach
- Special trips or events that families may participate in within the community
What if I don’t have a lot of time?
Family Promise is in constant need of volunteers from onetime special projects to ongoing commitments.
We can help you find the best fit for your schedule!
If you can’t volunteer, you can still help Family Promise by contributing financially or through a donation.
- Become a Club 180 Member
- Commit to donating $180 dollars for one year
- Contributions can be made with a one time fee of $180 or quarterly fee of $45 or monthly fee of $15
- Become a sponsor for a fundraising event
- Family Promise is in need of sponsors for
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Annual Bed Race
- Encourage your business or civic organization to raise funds to donate to Family Promise
- Example: Some businesses will give a donation to Family Promise at Christmastime instead of exchanging office Christmas gifts
- Personal donations are always accepted and are tax deductable
- Encourage your church to give financially as a part of their mission giving
Volunteer or Donate a Service
Family Promise of Effingham will need the following services:
- Lawn care
- Pest Control
- General maintenance of Day Center
- Maintenance of Bus
- Haircuts/Grooming services for families
- General Printing services (brochures, business cards, etc)
- Promotional Products/ Media Publications
- Construction/Household Materials-Currently Need
- Financial Auditing/Bookkeeping
- Food/Catering for special event
- View the Family Promise wish list and donate today!
- Examples: Many Bible study groups will get together and create “graduation baskets” for families when they complete the program. These baskets may consist of a laundry basket, detergent, household cleaning items, etc.
- Donate gift cards for groceries, gas, household items. etc
Volunteer/Contribute as an individual, family, Sunday School class, Small Group, Civic Organization, Business, Neighborhood, Community Club, Department, Congregation…